18 March 2014

Windows 95/97 BSoD

When I get bored I make things. Today I decided to faithfully recreate the infamous Windows Blue Screen of Death, in HTML & CSS. I used the image below as a reference, and got to work.
Yay for low-quality images of  near two decade old hardware!
It was extremely simple, and most of my time was spent lining all my elements up correctly. The only thing I wasn't able to recreate was the use of asterisks for the two instructions. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to change the type of bullet used in an unordered list, so I just left them as standard bullet-points. I could have just used some other element than a list, but a list made the most sense to use there, so I just went with that. Edit: I managed to do it!

You can click here to view the BSoD, and you can take a look at the code below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment