13 March 2014

My First Gamejam Submission - nabokOS.exe

Recently a gamejam by the name of the Cyberpunk Jam was hosted over at itch.io. So, foolishly I decided to try my hand at creating some sort of game for it. I decided it would probably be best to try and complete my game in less than a day, so I used the fantastic PuzzleScript, as it's extremely easy to use to create a quick little puzzle game. So after about 4 hours of on and off work, nabokOS.exe was the result - A strange and difficult little puzzle game. 
PuzzleScript is a limited, but fun tool to use!
I think everything went pretty well, the only things I would change with nabokOS.exe are the initial difficulty, and add a few more levels. As it is now, a lot of people get to the third level (pictured above) and give up - it's too hard.  

There have also been a few videos of my game on YouTube, and it's really interesting and fun to watch people play it and solve the puzzles. A lot of people seem to get frustrated at some of the harder levels, which is quite funny to watch, as I know all the solutions to the levels. Check out the great video on nabokOS from Ctrl + Alt + Faceroll below. 



And if you still interested, you can check out nabokOS.exe for completely free using the handy button below. 






No comments:

Post a Comment